COUNSELLING IN SHOREDITCH
Dr. Valentina Mantica
Dr. Valentina Mantica is a counselling psychologist based in Shoreditch (E1 – Central London). She provides psychological therapy and supervision in English and Italian.
I truly believes that everybody is capable of making meaningful changes to their lives when they experience emotional difficulties, relationship problems, they are stuck or not happy with the way the live their life. The key to making changes is the motivation to explore and challenge oneself. People are the expert of their own experiences and I can be part of their journey leading to self-discovery and change.MORE ABOUT ME
I am registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). I am also chartered by the British Psychological Society (BPS) and I hold full membership of the BPS division of Counselling Psychology.
I work within the framework of the Code of Ethics and Conduct of the British Psychological Society (BPS), the Professional Practice Guidelines for Counselling Psychologists (BPS) and the Standards of the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
I hold a BSc in Psychology and a Practitioner Doctorate in Counselling Psychology (DPsych).
I am strongly committed to continuous professional development and often attend courses to keep myself up to date and acquire new skills as a therapist, counsellor and psychologist. Example of some recent courses I attended are:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy-Clinical Skills Building Intensive (Steve Hayes)
- Supervision Skills Training (Part 1 to 4) (BPS)
- Motivational Interviewing
- CBT for Common Trauma Responses (BABCP)
- Cognitive Workshops (Christine Padesky) 2012: Anxiety Traps: CBT Antidotes
- Psychotherapy UK- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Depression
- Cognitive Workshops (Christine Padesky) 2011: Simplifying Personality Disorder Treatment: A New Paradigm
- Projective Identification in Practice (WPF)
- Unravelling the Transference (WPF)
- A Practical guide to working with the countertransference (WPF)
- Avoidant Attachment: Shame and Defences Against Intimacy (Psychotherapy UK)
- Compassion Focused Therapy (SDS Seminars)
- Schema Therapy (SDS Seminars)
The British Psychological Society (BPS) – Chartered Psychologist
Based in Shoreditch (E1), I have extensive experience of specialist psychological assessment and treatment of clients with a wide variety of mental health difficulties and of different complexity and severity.
I work with the person as a whole and with the way the person relates to his/her problems which is the most important thing. Therefore I am able help you with any difficulty you will share with me.Find Out More
THERAPIES THAT I OFFER
I offer a wide array of different therapies to help with many different difficulties in both English and Italian.
Person Centred Therapy
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Acceptance & Commitment Therapy
I can provide supervision to trainee psychologists, counselling psychologists and other qualified psychologists and psychotherapists.
I completed the full Supervision Skills Training (Part 1 to 4) delivered by the British Psychological Society (BPS).
I also have extensive experience as a supervisor in both an NHS setting and private practice.Find Out More